At Atlantis Dental Care we are continuing to take steps to ensure our patients safety while meeting your dental care needs. We will continue to use infection control standards developed by scientists at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These standards have not changed, and include sterilization and testing of instruments, disposable one-use products, masks, gloves, barriers, handwashing, sanitizer, etc.
However, due to the COVID-19 virus ability to spread we have implemented the following additional measures to decrease exposure to the virus, helping to protect those who are most susceptible to the virus effects.
- We have removed “frequent-touch” items from patient waiting areas like magazines, child toys, books, etc.
- Increased frequency of disinfection of public areas throughout the day (counters, keypads, door handles, bathrooms, etc.
- To decrease congregation (the key method of this virus spread), we ask when you arrive for your appointment to text or call the front desk to let us know you have arrived. We welcome you to remain in your car. We will then notify you when the Assistant is ready to seat you. Allowing you to bypass the lobby and potential contact with other patients.
- TEXT: 208-314-3011
- CALL: 208-938-2468
- We will be taking temperatures on patients at the beginning of appointments.
- All patients will be provided a pre-rinse before start of thier dental appointment.
- Patient companions will be asked to wait in their vehicles during the appointment.
***If you are a patient in the High-Risk group (over 60, diabetic, asthmatic, immunocompromised, or other major medical condition or fragile health), we will work with you to defer your non-emergency treatment.***
If you have an upcoming appointment and any of these conditions below apply to you, we kindly ask that you contact our office at 208-938-2468 so that we may reschedule your appointment:
- Experiencing flu-like symptoms, including but not limited to respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- Traveling outside of the country.
- Exposure to someone sick with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the last 14 days.
The CDC believes at this time that symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time as it is integral to the ongoing public health response to try to slow the spread of this virus.
We will continue to update our policies as information and circumstances change.
I believe if we take an intelligent, proactive approach we can help reduce the impact of this national emergency. We will be there to support our patients through this difficult time.
Dave Cantwell, DDS, FAGD
Atlantis Dental Care