Boise ID Dental Implants
At Atlantis Dental Care, we’re committed to helping you keep and maintain a healthy smile for as long as possible. But problems can occur, and sometimes a tooth is lost to damage, decay, or trauma.
If you’ve ever had a missing tooth, you know it can have a dramatic impact on your life. Missing teeth make it difficult to speak and chew properly, not to mention the effect it can have on your confidence as you try to hide your smile from others.
Fortunately, Atlantis Dental Care offers dental implants, an effective, permanent solution for adults who have been dealing with the problem of tooth loss.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are an excellent method for restoring both your ability to chew and the appearance of your natural smile. You may think of implants as a recent innovation, but the truth is that dental implants have been used successfully for decades!
A dental implant is basically an artificial tooth designed to replace both the crown and the root of a missing tooth. A titanium post roughly the size and length of a tooth root forms the base of the implant and serves as the artificial "root" of the tooth.
After the implant is placed in the jawbone, it is allowed to heal for several months. During this time, the implant fuses to the bone. This creates a solid foundation in your gum and jawbone that serves as an anchor for a crown, bridge. We can also place implants at several points along your jaw to which we can attach a full or partial denture. This creates the ultimate stability for your denture.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
In the past, we didn’t have a lot of choices when it came to tooth replacement. Removable dentures and fixed bridges were the most common solution, but they came with their own set of problems.
Now we have the option of choosing dental implants that eliminate a lot of those problems. There are a number of reasons to consider dental implants at Altantis Dental Care:
- An implant can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth, or it can act as an anchor to secure a bridge or denture.
- Once attached to a restoration, the implant and restoration are completely secure.
- Implant-retained dentures eliminate the embarrassing worry about movement and slipping and allow you to follow a proper diet and enjoy all your favorite foods with confidence.
- The implant’s artificial root stimulates growth of the bone around it, which helps to hold existing teeth in place and prevent further bone loss.
- Our restorations are created right here at our Boise dental office using state-of-the-art CEREC technology and 3D printed surgical guides. CEREC restorations are beautiful and durable, and that portion of the process can be completed in just one visit.
Why Choose Dr. Cantwell?
Dr. Cantwell is truly an expert in the field of dental implants and restorative dentistry. He is one of only two dentists in Idaho to graduate from the prestigious Pankey Institute for Advanced Restorative Dentistry. He completed the Misch Surgical Residency for Implants and Advanced Bone Grafting and is certified as a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Your comfort is important to us, and we’ll do everything we can to ensure a positive experience. Dr. Cantwell will take time to fully explain the procedure and answer any questions you may have. If you’re a little nervous about your procedure, let us know. We offer sedation options so you can relax and get the care you need.
Are missing teeth causing you discomfort, impacting your social life, or holding you back in social or business situations? Dental implants not only restore your smile and self-confidence, they improve your overall oral health. Call Atlantis Dental Care and schedule an evaluation with Dr. Dave Cantwell.