On a day-to-day basis, your teeth take a lot of abuse. It makes sense that some of this wear and tear will take its toll in the form of esthetic smile flaws like chipped or broken teeth.
At our Boise, ID dental office, we use porcelain veneers to address several similar problems. A veneer is a thin ceramic shell that we bond to the front surface of your tooth. Since a veneer covers your tooth completely, we can create a harmonious appearance that you may not have thought was possible.
Let’s take a look at five most common problems we can fix with veneers:
- Chipped or Broken Teeth – People commonly use their teeth to perform tasks they were never meant to do, like opening and holding things and using them as a tool. A tooth can also chip if it is weakened by dental decay.
- Uneven Gaps Between Teeth – Are you bothered by inconsistent spaces between your teeth? Veneers are an excellent solution for hiding these gaps and giving your smile a uniform appearance.
- Severe Tooth Discoloration – Everyone’s teeth are susceptible to surface staining. In most cases, we can correct staining with professional teeth whitening treatment. Other stains, like those from tetracycline use, may require veneers to conceal the discoloration.
- Slight Tooth Misalignment – This is a common complaint. Many people with minor tooth misalignment don’t want or need braces. Veneers are a perfect solution because they easily conceal crooked teeth, leaving behind a beautiful, uniform appearance.
- Misshapen Teeth – If you aren’t one of the lucky few born with a perfectly proportioned smile, you may have one or more teeth that are too long, too short, or just poorly shaped.
Please Call for More Information
If any of these flaws apply to you, please contact our Boise, ID dental office. We will be happy to help you decide whether porcelain veneers are the right solution or if another treatment would be more beneficial.