If you cringe at the thought of oral surgery, we understand! It can feel overwhelming, but in the hands of a skilled dentist and compassionate team, oral surgery does not need to be stressful or complicated.
5 Types of Oral Surgery We Offer
When you do need oral surgery in Boise, ID, it’s important to find a dentist who is comfortable performing a variety of procedures. At Atlantis Dental Care, we provide the following types of oral surgery:
- Simple Extractions: As the name implies, we perform this procedure when a routine extraction is needed because a tooth is severely diseased or needs to be removed in preparation for dentures.
- Surgical Extraction: A surgical extraction is needed when part of a broken tooth needs to be taken out in pieces or to remove an impacted wisdom tooth that has not erupted through the gum.
- Implant Placement: The foundation of a dental implant is the titanium post that is placed surgically in your jawbone. Dr. Dave Cantwell is pleased to offer our patients the convenience of having this procedure performed right here at our office.
- Bone Grafting: The most important factor related to the success of a dental implant is the presence of sufficient bone density in the jaw to anchor the implant post in place. In some cases, it is necessary to build up the bone in your jaw using a bone graft.
- Sinus Lift: In preparation for an implant, we may need to perform a sinus lift. You may require a sinus lift if there isn’t enough bone height in the upper jaw to accommodate the length of the implant post or the sinuses are unusually large or close to the jaw.
Please Call for More Information
If you need oral surgery for any of the above reasons, you can be confident that your Boise, ID team of professionals will do everything possible to ensure that your procedure is gentle and stress-free. Please call our office for more information!